April 14, 2009

A Mack truck is barreling down the road, about to hit your mom, you brother, your best friend. What do you do?

In 2008 on his podcast "Penn Says", Penn Jillette, of the comedian act Penn & Teller (or of Dancing with the Stars, if you're me) and an outspoken atheist, thanked a Christian proselytizer for giving him a Bible.

I used to be unsure what I thought about proselytizing because I thought it gave Christianity a bad rap -- so many people proselytizing and nowhere near enough serving others by meeting practical needs. I realized that the intention of meeting physical needs was to eventually open doors to share the Gospel of Christ, but sometimes the immediacy of its necessity escaped me. This video is a fantastic reminder of that immediacy. Convicting, for sure.

No comments: