April 2, 2009

Prayer Requests for April

Hello everyone!
I would love to share some personal prayer requests for April and the upcoming months with all those willing to pray for me:

-Today is the final day of the TeachOverseas.org's Czech Republic teachers' "team formation". This means that I should know in the next day or so where I will be serving the Lord for the next several years. Please pray for the home office team as they discuss teachers' needs and "best fit" placements, that they will listen to the Lord's guidance as they place teachers. Please pray for me, that I will have peace in my heart for whatever placement I am given and that I will also trust that the Lord knows how to use me in whatever location I find myself.

-Please pray that in the next 2 1/2 months I make smart financial decisions that enable me to save some money in preparation for a summer without any income.

-Pray that throughout April I will seek out opportunities to get to know my high schoolers at Patrick Henry, Holston, and Abingdon better and to share Christ with them.

-Pray that I become more disciplined at journaling and keeping track of my Bible studies and spiritual growth.

-Please pray that I get better sleep at night (7 hours is ideal), make healthy food choices, and become more disciplined in working out (continuing spinning classes, integrating strength training once again, and starting training for a new marathon). Building upon my last blog post, it is really important to me to get to a healthy weight before departing for the Czech Republic so that there's less chance of any health issues derailing my ministry there. The above habits would help me get there (please pray that I lose 30 pounds before I leave in August), and they'd also help a healthy, more disciplined lifestyle become second nature to me.

-Please pray that I will be able to raise the remaining $3500 in support needed for the upcoming year of service. Please pray that my personal goal of raising this amount in full before July 1st will be met.

Thanks so much for your prayerful support!

No comments: